Friday, February 20, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
This picture speaks volumes to me... I've always wondered why man could never co-exist with Nature, why man always felt the need to dominate instead of respect. I dont understand it because there's never going to be a winner, all mankind is going to do is lose. I get emails every day from Greenpeace and other groups about the destruction of this and the extinction of that. It's depressing, mankind is heading down a path that, after a certain point, they cant turn back from. I dont want to be alive the day I no longer see birds in the air, whales in the sea, tigers in the jungles, and wolves in the mountains.
Posted by Katy said so. at 12:00 AM
Monday, February 16, 2009
Posted by Katy said so. at 10:01 PM
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thought I'd leave you all with another gorgeous interior. Something to push away the feeling of impending doom with the dreaded V-Day looming right around the corner.
Think happy thoughts, katy...think happy thoughts...
Posted by Katy said so. at 12:51 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Valentine's Day is gonna suck...
ps: soft coal drawing by Zindy. Isn't it amazing?
Posted by Katy said so. at 1:15 AM
Saturday, February 7, 2009
I was browsing for bedroom interiors just to get some ideas to inspire me to re-do my own bedroom and I stumbled across these photos from Home Interiors Zone. I have more of a naturalistic and minimalist view that leans more towards the softer side with a few well chosen antique pieces and jewel/earth tones, but I couldnt help but admire the creativity of whom ever designed these rooms.
Posted by Katy said so. at 12:36 PM
Friday, February 6, 2009
This particular photo really got to me. I think it was partially because I was listening to Beyonce's, "Smash Into You" the same time I saw it. Also, partially because my biological clock started ticking with a viciousness that made everything seize up for a minute. This particular minute seemed to last for an eternity, but a minute nontheless. It really scared me because, God, I'm only 21. This photograph just intensified that feeling 10 fold and created an extremely bittersweet moment.
I actually "borrowed" this photo from seher's shenanigans, so kudos to her for finding it. Seriously, as much as the emotions it stirs in me are a little hard to swallow, it is truly a beautiful photograph. I dont think many men out there now-a-days truly appreciate the true beauty of a woman (pregnant or not). Women are all curves, full of Life and compassion, inner strength and resilience...all guys tend to see now are Boobs, Butt, and Body. Its pretty sad, actually.
Posted by Katy said so. at 12:03 PM
I got three things done today, going to class (twice), and buying a pair of jeans. I feel quite satisfied with myself...not. I'm a lazy bum.
Posted by Katy said so. at 12:57 AM
Thursday, February 5, 2009
- Go to class.
- Deposit check from work.
- Go by Michael's and get two more pads of vellum, because I'm wasteful and went through one already.
- Get some more acrylics from the art shop before Monday.
- Buy a pair of jeans (because I feel like it).
- Read the 6 chapters I've managed to postpone reading for the past two weeks.
- Start working on the first section of my Modern Architecture Reference Notebook (due in 2 weeks).
- Go to class again.
- Get a new pair of flats for work because my others have been used & abused and smell like butt.
- Maybe make an appearance at Sigma Pi's date party in Snobsdale (not a major priority).
- Make some time to pick up my room, and vacuum. Yeah, vacuuming may be necessary.
- Lancome, "Magnifique" -- I have been lusting after this for ever.
Posted by Katy said so. at 2:22 PM
Sunday, February 1, 2009
1. I'm addicted to diet coke. It didnt stunt my growth, it hasnt given me cancer...yet, my teeth arent stained yellow, and I'm not fat. So I dont care about whatever excuses other people have for not drinking it, I'm still going to.
2. I like animals more than humans. I think humans are cruel, destructive, and uncaring of anything outside humanity. Ofcourse there are those few exceptions but aside from those particular people, I'm kind of disgusted with humanity as a whole.
3. I think my brother is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. He's gone through so much: prejudice, discrimination, low expectations, etc. . Yet he's pushed through and come out ahead.
4. I really hate rap, and what gets me most is white people from the suburbs thinking they're gangster and know Lil' Wayne's life. You dont, and ps: you're not a rockstar... get over yourself.
5. I dont understand the point of video games, I think they're boring and waste of time. Read a book, unlike a video game, it actually makes you smarter.
6. I have this thing called the BRCA gene, it means that I have a 60-80% chance of developing ovarian or breast cancer. My maternal and paternal grandmothers died of breast cancer.
7. I read 3-5 books a week, I'm a little addicted.
8. I'm a very quiet person and more than a little shy so I dont open up easily to people. Everyone usually mistakes my being shy for snobbery but thats not my deal. I'm not a superficial person and I really want to get to know people. So if anyone ever wonders why I'm snobby, maybe its because you never took the time to see beyond anything else.
9. I became really disgusted with a few people when a particular person thought it was funny her friend fucked some guy in the bed next to me while I was so sick I was having seizures and should have gone to the hospital.
10. A lot of people dont know this but, I have a really big problem with authority figures. I'm a closet "rage against the Man" kind of person. It ranges from resenting people who tell me what I can or cant do to having lost all faith in our government.
11. I have such a passion for art, history, architecture, design...anything that has or can create beautiful works of art.
12. I use sarcasm and indifference as a defense mechanism.
13. I am a hopeless romantic.
14. My mom admitted to me last year that my parents thought I was autistic when I was younger. I looked up symptoms of autism and many of my subconscious habits are dead on. I've become very neurotic about the entire thing.
15. One of my biggest fears is that I'm going to end up manic since it's a hereditary trait in my family. Because of that, I feel like I cant be too happy or too sad at one time... and when I do I get really scared.
16. There's a 25-40% chance any child I have will be born deaf, and part of me hopes they will be.
17. Anyone who knows me well also knows I dont know my right from my left.
18. I learned sign language before I learned to talk.
19. I'm technically "multi-lingual", I'm fluent 4 different kinds of sign language, english, and I've been learning gaelic on and off for 5 Years, and I also want to learn romanian.
20. I'm not very big on forgiveness, once my trust is broken it's very hard to earn it back and I dont make it easy on people. I feel that trust is earned not "given" or "bestowed" so I bend over backwards for my friends and I expect the same in return. If I get let down even once, I dont really forgive...or forget.
21. My favorite color is green and I'm always wearing something green on me at all times.
22. I'm pagan, and even more specific than that, I'm an initiated witch. I dont believe in the devil or satanism or any of that crap. I've been called every name in the book and I think people who believe being a witch or a pagan is satanic or devil worship are ignorant and dumb. Damn me to hell all you like, I dont believe in it.
23. I'm addicted to perfumes, I have around 15 bottles and they all cost me a pretty penny.
24. I am a blogging fiend. I read and write about anything and everything but one thing in particular, design. Fashion design, interior design...either/or, I love them both.
25. I think Justin Timberlake sounds like Michael Jackson.
Posted by Katy said so. at 11:21 PM