Thursday, July 14, 2022

Journal day: What do you like most about where you live?

 I know I skipped a week, I'm sorry. In my defense, we moved and my husband left for a month long training with his unit in California. It was a real treat unpacking, getting settled, getting the kids used to the new house and its sounds, settling into a new routine, etc... all by my lonesome. 

Anyway, on to the question: What do you like most about where you live?

I love that its not super developed yet. I love that they still hold rodeos. I love that I can cross the street from my development and take my kids to feed/pet horses. If you've never cuddled with a cow, you don't know what you're missing. I love that 10 mins from my house is a farm where I can pick all the seasonal fruit and veggies I want for under $20. I love that down the street is a giant olive grove littered with tea-lights and a small family-owned Italian restaurant that makes the very best handmade butternut squash ravioli. They also make craft olive oil that is SO much better than the stuff in the stores. I love that there isn't any of the nasty, congestive city traffic. I love that life is slower. I love that everything in this town seems to revolve around pulling families together. I love that there's hardly any crime here. I love that this town is full of people who are familiar with a hard days work. 

That this town has kept it's country roots is its crown and glory. It's not for everyone. Some people hate being too far from "civilization". Not this girl, though. This girl thrives in it. 

0 comments: